Friday, September 06, 2019

God Is Our Refuge And Strength, Always Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble.


God Is Our Refuge And Strength,
Always
Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble.
Scripture
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 

Observation
Hurricane Dorian was, and I guess still is, the craziest storm that I can remember. To think that a Category 5 hurricane could stop and sit in one place for five hours is mind-boggling to me.
What if a Cat 5 storm stayed over Tampa for five hours? I can't even begin to imagine the destruction that it would cause.
Psalm 46 is a great go-to passage when you and I are in the middle of a storm, whatever kind of storm that it might be!
What other Bible verses do you rely on when you are caught in a storm?
Psalm 23:4
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?
Psalm 56:3
But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.
Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Psalm 33:18
But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.
Psalm 34:7
For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
Application
When I am afraid when life is uncertain, I will put my trust in my Heavenly Father.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that I love storms. You also know that hurricanes are not included in the storms that I enjoy. A thunderstorm that displays Your awesome power is good enough for me. I continue to pray for those in the path of hurricane Dorian and I pray for those negatively impacted by the storm, especially for those in the Bahamas.
I pray for those who are going through a storm right now, it might be a loss of a job, loss of a spouse, a broken relationship, or maybe sickness or the sickness of a loved one. Give them strength, Lord.
And I pray for those who have been devastated by this hurricane. Give them relief.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 29,30,31,32; Revelation 11; I added: Psalm 36, Psalm 46; Proverbs 6
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: