Friday, September 20, 2019

I Am Counting On The Lord; Yes, I Am Counting On Him. I Have Put My Hope In His Word.


I Am Counting On The Lord;
Yes, I Am Counting On Him.
I Have Put My Hope In His Word.
Scripture
Psalm 130
1 From the depths of despair, O Lord,
    I call for your help.

2 Hear my cry, O Lord.
    Pay attention to my prayer.

3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?

4 But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.

5 I am counting on the Lord;
    yes, I am counting on him.
    I have put my hope in his word.

6 I long for the Lord
    more than sentries long for the dawn,
    yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.

Observation
Who are you counting on? In today's Bible reading I had the opportunity to read about Daniel in the Lion's den, John the Baptist, and Psalm 130. In all three places, God reinforced to me the importance of trusting and depending in Him.
So I can say with the Psalmist this morning, “I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Who are you counting on?
Application
I will pray Psalm 130:1-6 back to the Lord.
How about you? Who are you counting on today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, “From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer. Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you. I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.”
I pray for any person that may read this simple blog today. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine brightly on them. Show them that they can count on You for whatever is going on in his or her life. Help them to slow down and spend time with You in Your Word today.
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 5,6; Psalms 130; Luke 3



No comments: