Tuesday, September 17, 2019

He Heals The Brokenhearted And Bandages Their Wounds.


He Heals
The Brokenhearted
And Bandages Their Wounds.
Scripture
Psalm 147
3 He heals the brokenhearted
    and bandages their wounds.

4 He counts the stars
    and calls them all by name.

5 How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
    His understanding is beyond comprehension!

Observation
Physical illness is rough, but an emotionally broken heart is so much worse. I am so glad that God gave me the best wife on the planet. I couldn't imagine fussing and fighting all the time like some other couples do.
The pain I feel is usually caused by someone that we are trying to help. It breaks my heart to see people continually suffer when I know that God has something so much better for them!
But at the same time, I am always encouraged. I do see God heal marriages, restore relationships, and put lives back together again. He does bandage up the wounded! And as pastors, we have the privilege to be a small part of the healing process.
So if you are brokenhearted today I want you to know that there is hope. God is in the business of healing broken hearts. He will bandage up your wounds. All you need to do is surrender your life to Him and let Him be in control.
Matthew 11:28-30
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 

29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Application
I will continue to try to help people. I will never give up.
How about you? Is there someone in your life that needs a little encouragement today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You changed my life and so I know that You can do the same thing for those around me. Nothing is too hard for you. Every changed life is a miracle and miracles are what You do. So I pray that You bring healing to those who are struggling with health issues, or relationship issues. Bandage up their wounds. Heal their broken hearts. You, who counts the stars and calls them all by name help the person that is reading this blog today.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 42,43,44; Revelation 22; I added: Psalm 137, Psalm 147; Proverbs 17



No comments: