Thursday, September 26, 2019

Let The Spiritually Dead Bury Their Own Dead!


Let The Spiritually Dead
Bury
Their Own Dead!
Scripture
Luke 9
57 As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
58 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head.”
59 He said to another person, “Come, follow me.”
The man agreed, but he said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.”
60 But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”
61 Another said, “Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.”
62 But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”
Observation
God is pursuing each one of us. He wants each one of us to have a personal relationship with Him.
Jesus is saying to each one of us, “Come, follow me.”
Will you and I do what God is asking us to do or will we make excuses for not following Him?
Excuses are just that … what God wants from me is obedience, not excuses and I think that is exactly what He wants from you too!
To be a follower of Jesus I must give up living my own way and follow Him and go where He wants me to go.
John 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me.
Application
I will say, “Yes, Lord!” ... I will not make excuses.
How about you?
1 Samuel 15:22
But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
Proverbs 24:12
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me. You know my thoughts even before I do. You know everything about me. So making excuses for not being obedient to You will do me no good at all. Help me to walk close to You today. Help me to clearly hear Your voice and help me to be obedient and not make excuses.

Psalm 119:60
I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands.
Psalm 119:115
Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 4; Psalms 113; Psalms 127; Luke 9



No comments: