Friday, September 27, 2019

Lord, Doesn't It Seem Unfair To You That My Sister Just Sits Here While I Do All The Work?


Lord, Doesn't It Seem Unfair To You
That My Sister Just Sits Here
While I Do All The Work?
Scripture
Luke 10
38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 

39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 

40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 
42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Observation
When we compare ourselves with others we will always come up short!
Martha thought she was doing the most important thing that day and she was very upset that her sister Mary wasn't helping her, but actually Mary was doing exactly what she should have been doing – she was spending time with Jesus.
Busyness might seem important, it might make us feel important, but taking the time to spend with Jesus, sitting at the Lord's feet, is the most important thing that you and I can do. For me, what I am doing right now is the most important part of my day.
There is only one thing worth being concerned about today - have you discovered it?
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
Application
I will start every day by being still in the presence of my Lord.
How about you? Will you make a commitment to the Lord to spend time with Him every day?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't ever let me get so busy that I neglect to spend time with You in Your Word every day. Don't let me go a day without opening up Your Word and spending time with You.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to spend time in Your Word every day. Help them to grow in Christ. May Your face shine of them today.
Daily Bible Reading: Haggai 1,2; Psalms 129; Luke 10



No comments: