Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Have Everything I Need!


Because
The Lord Is My Shepherd,
I Have Everything I Need!
Scripture
Psalm 23
1 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!
Observation
It is never-ending. You and I being bombarded by people trying to get us to buy or try something newer, sleeker, improved, bigger, better, faster, tastier, and/or prettier!
Now, you can see it on the internet, order it, and have it delivered to your home or business the very next day!
Oh, but if you and I are content with what we have that hurts … it hurts their bottom line!
Until Jesus is enough - nothing will ever be enough!
One relationship one after another, one toy one after another, shinier, bigger, newer, prettier, handsome-er (is that even a word), without Jesus, nothing will ever satisfy our deepest needs – we will never ever be content!
Philippians 4:11-13
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
I Timothy 6:6-12
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.
7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 
8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
11 But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have declared so well before many witnesses.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Application
Jesus is enough for me. I will ask my Heavenly Father to help me to stay contented with what I have.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be content right where I am. Don't let me covet. Don't let me be jealous of what someone else has or what someone else gets to do. Constantly remind me that I have everything that I need. I have a personal relationship with You.
I pray for those who are unhappy in their marriage, unhappy with their partner, unhappy with their situation in life. Help them to see that until Jesus is enough they will never be content.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 13,14; Acts 17,18; I added: Psalm 23, Psalm 143; Proverbs 23



No comments: