Monday, October 21, 2019

Watch Your Tongue And Keep Your Mouth Shut, And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.


Watch Your Tongue
And Keep Your Mouth Shut,
And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.
Scripture
Proverbs 21
23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut,
    and you will stay out of trouble.

Observation

Stupid is as stupid does! Let's be careful how we talk to the one who we love the most!
I don't know if you have noticed, but there are a lot of verses in the Bible that warn us that we need to watch our tongue and we need to keep our mouth shut.
As we start out this new week maybe putting Proverbs 21:23 into practice will help us stay out of trouble!
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 15:4
Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
Proverbs 18:21
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
James 3:6
And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.
Application

I will be careful with what I say to Kathy and how I say it.

How about you?
Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is full of instruction about how I am to watch what I say and how I say it. Help me to please You with how I talk to my wife. Help me to control what I say and how I say it when I talk with other people too. I know that I can be harsh. Help me to be gentle and kind. “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
Daily Bible Reading: Job 9,10; Acts 13,14; I added: Psalm 21, Psalm 121; Proverbs 21



No comments: