Saturday, October 05, 2019

Let The Little Children Come To Me, And Do Not Hinder Them, For The Kingdom Of God Belongs To Such As These.


Let The Little Children Come To Me,
And Do Not Hinder Them,
For The Kingdom Of God Belongs To Such As These.
Scripture
Luke 18
15 People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 
16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 
17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Observation

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to be a part of our youngest granddaughter's dedication ceremony at our church. Our beautiful little granddaughter Eden is 3 months old. I used this passage, Luke 18:15-17 to encourage her Mom and Dad, her grandparents, and our church family not to hinder little Eden from coming to Jesus.

I don't know about you but I want all of our children and our grandchildren to have Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I want so much for them to see Jesus in me. I sure don't want to be a hindrance to them coming to Jesus.

So let me say to all of us who are Mom's and Dad's and who have the joy of being grandparents, “Let's not hinder our children and/or our grandchildren from coming to Jesus.”

Application
I will constantly pray for my children and my grandchildren. I will always try to encourage them and not hinder them from knowing Jesus.
How about you? Are you setting an example for your kids and grandkids to follow?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have blessed us with 5 children and 15 grandchildren. We are blessed. Help me be a positive example in each one of their lives. I pray that each one of them will have a personal relationship with You. Help my children raise their children in a way that pleases You. Bring godly people into my children and grandchildren's lives to encourage them and to help them to know You better. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Esther 3,4,5,6,7,8; Luke 18



No comments: