Sunday, October 27, 2019

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.” And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”


My Heart Has Heard You Say,
Come And Talk With Me.”
And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”
Scripture
Psalm 27
7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
    Be merciful and answer me!

8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
    Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
Psalm 37
3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
    Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

4 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.

5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
    Trust him, and he will help you.

6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
    and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
    and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
    or fret about their wicked schemes.
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.
25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
    Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
    or their children begging for bread.
Observation
Like probably many of you I have been fighting a cold for the past couple of days. During the night last night, I spent a few hours trying to sleep in a recliner so my coughing didn't wake up Kathy.
And as I write this you can just imagine how good I feel.
It is on days like this when it is great to spend some extra time in the Psalms.
Psalm 27 and Psalm 37 are perfect on a day like today … “The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble.” (Psalm 37:39)
Application
No matter what I am going through I know that the Lord is with me and He will take care of me.
How about you? Are you trusting in the Lord to take care of you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it only takes a common cold for me to realize how much I appreciate being healthy and feeling well most of the time. I know we take our health too much for granted. Thank You for taking such good care of me. I am blessed. Lord, it would sure be nice if this cold didn't last too long. And I know that You are the only One who knows the cure to the common cold. I have tried all the known remedies and they are not helping too much right now.
I pray for a friend who is facing heart by-pass surgery. I pray for healing. Show him how real You are. Show him that He can trust You during this difficult time.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 18; Psalms 114; Acts 27,28; I added: Psalm 27, Psalm 37; Proverbs 27



No comments: