Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Because The Lord Witnessed The Vows You And Your Wife Made When You Were Young.


Because The Lord
Witnessed The Vows You And Your Wife
Made When You Were Young.
Scripture
Malachi 2
14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.  And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 
16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”
Observation
Marriage is totally God's idea! When we make our wedding vows God not only hears our vows that we make to our spouse He expects us to keep them.
Want to know how God feels about your marriage just read Malachi 2:14-16. God is watching how we treat our spouse.
What does God want from our marriage – He wants godly children (Mal. 2:15)!
As you very well know, many couples today are not even bothering to get married. Somehow they rationalize and think it is a better alternative than marriage. It couldn't be farther from the truth.
God's Word to us in Malachi 2:14-16 could be summed up with, “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your spouse.”
Application
I will guard my heart. I will be faithful to my spouse.
How about you? Are you working hard to make your marriage great?
Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for the couples that I know who are living together. I pray that You will help them to see the importance of marriage. I pray for their children who are growing up with the instability of their relationship. Protect them, Lord.
I pray for those who have already gone through the pain and suffering of divorce. I pray for healing for them.
I pray for those who are in a painful relationship right now and for those struggling in their marriage. Turn those relationships around, Lord. Help them to guard their hearts and help them to love their spouses.
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 13; Malachi 1,2; Acts 4



No comments: