Monday, October 14, 2019

Now Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God, So That Your Sins May Be Wiped Away.


Now Repent Of Your Sins
And Turn To God,
So That Your Sins May Be Wiped Away.
Scripture
Acts 3
1 Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service. 

2 As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple. 

3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.

4 Peter and John looked at him intently, and Peter said, “Look at us!” 5 The lame man looked at them eagerly, expecting some money. 
6 But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”
7 Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened.
 8 He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them.
9 All the people saw him walking and heard him praising God. 10 When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful Gate, they were absolutely astounded! 
11 They all rushed out in amazement to Solomon’s Colonnade, where the man was holding tightly to Peter and John. ...
16 “Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed—and you know how crippled he was before. Faith in Jesus’ name has healed him before your very eyes.
17 “Friends, I realize that what you and your leaders did to Jesus was done in ignorance. 
18 But God was fulfilling what all the prophets had foretold about the Messiah—that he must suffer these things. 
19 Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. 
20 Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. 
Observation
This crippled beggar just wanted some money from Peter and John, he never expected to be healed that day when he asked them for money.
Can you imagine how he felt when he stood up and began to walk! He was walking, leaping, and praising God!
Maybe you find yourself desperate for help today! Maybe you don't know where to turn?
Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed – and you can find help today in the same way – in Jesus!
Turn from sin and self and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord.” Acts 3:19-20 paraphrased
Application
I will look to the Lord for help today.
How about you?
Psalm 121
1 I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!
3 He will not let you stumble;
    the one who watches over you will not slumber.
4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
    never slumbers or sleeps.
5 The Lord himself watches over you!
    The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
6 The sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon at night.
7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
    and watches over your life.
8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
    both now and forever.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I am in need, when I am desperate, help me to remember to look to You for help first. Don't let me look everywhere else for help first. My help comes from You. It is because of Jesus and what He did for me on the cross that I can come to You as my Heavenly Father and I know that You will take care of whatever I need.
I pray for those who are hurting today. Help them to turn to You for help. I pray for those who are trying to live life on their own without a relationship with You. I pray that they will call on the name of Jesus and be saved.
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 11,12; Psalms 1; Acts 3



No comments: