Sunday, October 06, 2019

“Zacchaeus!” He Said. “Quick, Come Down! I Must Be A Guest In Your Home Today.”


Zacchaeus!” He Said.
Quick, Come Down!
I Must Be A Guest In Your Home Today.”
Scripture
1 Jesus entered Jericho and made his way through the town. 
2 There was a man there named Zacchaeus. He was the chief tax collector in the region, and he had become very rich. 
3 He tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short to see over the crowd. 
4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree beside the road, for Jesus was going to pass that way.
5 When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” he said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.”
6 Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy. 
7 But the people were displeased. “He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner,” they grumbled.
8 Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, “I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!”
9 Jesus responded, “Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham. 
10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
Observation

Here is what we know about this man Zacchaeus, the man who climbed up in a sycamore tree to get a glimpse of Jesus.
We know that he was short, he was very rich, he was a notorious sinner, in fact, he was the chief tax collector, and we know that he was spiritually lost.
We know that once he placed his faith and trust in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, he decided to give away half of his wealth and he promised to repay those he cheated four times as much as he stole from them when he collected their taxes!
When Jesus comes into our lives we are a new creation! Our priorities are forever changed. Jesus came into this world to save sinners.
2 Corinthians 5:17
When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!
Application
I am so glad that when I was 19 years old I realized (because someone shared with me) that I was spiritually lost and Jesus saved me.
How about you? Has there been a time in your life when you, like Zacchaeus, realized that you were lost and in need of a Savior?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know the story about Zacchaeus is in the Bible to show me how much You love people no matter what their life is like. Jesus came to this earth to save sinners. It doesn't matter how bad a person is I know that Jesus loves them and wants them to be saved. Don't let me give up on anybody. Don't let me write any person off. You can save the worst of the worst. I know that if You saved me then I know that You can save anybody.
I pray for my friends who are struggling with cancer. Give them strength. I pray for healing. I pray that during this difficult time that they are able to sense Your presence, Your love, and Your power. Fill their room with Your glory!
Daily Bible Reading: Esther 9,10; Luke 19



No comments: