Sunday, October 20, 2019

My Body Is Covered With Maggots And Scabs. My Skin Breaks Open, Oozing With Pus.


My Body Is Covered
With Maggots And Scabs.
My Skin Breaks Open, Oozing With Pus.
Scripture
Job 7
1 “Is not all human life a struggle?
    Our lives are like that of a hired hand,

2 like a worker who longs for the shade,
    like a servant waiting to be paid.

3 I, too, have been assigned months of futility,
    long and weary nights of misery.

4 Lying in bed, I think, ‘When will it be morning?’
    But the night drags on, and I toss till dawn.

5 My body is covered with maggots and scabs.
    My skin breaks open, oozing with pus.

Observation
Are you having a bad day today or maybe you have had a bad week?
I bet what you are going through doesn't compare with what Job endured. I can't even imagine having my body covered in maggots and scabs with my skin oozing with pus. This was after having all of his children killed, his cattle and other animals killed, and all of his crops destroyed.
Nope, no matter how bad our day is going, I don't think we are going to top Job's situation.
Then on top of everything that has happened to him, he is surrounded by his so-called friends who spend hours and hours telling him that his situation had to have been his fault.
Job didn't have the benefit of having all of God's Word like you and I do. You and I have thousands of promises from God letting us know that God will take care of us.
Job's faith is amazing. In all that he went through, all that he endured he never lost faith in His God.
What are you going through? It might be bad. It might be terrible. But it is not something that is too big for our God.
Call on Him. Trust Him. He will get you through this difficult time.
Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Application
I am thankful that I have God's Word to read each and every day. Because of having God's Word, I know that whatever happens in my life, no matter how bad that it is, or how bad that it gets, that my God is still in control.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I can't imagine what it must have been like for Job. And I know that I have friends who are going through difficult times right now. Help them to trust in You. Give them the faith of Job. May what they are going through draw them closer to You.
I pray for healing for friends and for family who are sick. I pray for relationships that are strained. I pray for couples who are struggling in their marriage. Help them to call on You for help.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 6,7,8; Acts 12



No comments: