Saturday, October 12, 2019

But You Will Receive Power When The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You. And You Will Be My Witnesses, Telling People About Me Everywhere –


But You Will Receive Power When The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You.
And You Will Be My Witnesses,
Telling People About Me Everywhere –
Scripture
Acts 1
6 So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. 
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. 
10 As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. 
11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”
Observation
You and I, if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, are among the most powerful people in the world. We are changing the world one person at a time!
The Holy Spirit living in us wants us to share our faith with people everywhere. And every time we tell someone about Jesus Christ the kingdom of God advances! All over the world, at this very moment, there are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ sharing their faith.
Let's rely on the power of the Holy Spirit and tell someone about our Savior today!
1 Peter 3:15
Quietly trust yourself to Christ your Lord, and if anybody asks why you believe as you do, be ready to tell him, and do it in a gentle and respectful way.
Application
I will look for an opportunity to share my faith with someone today.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend who I just had breakfast with a few minutes ago. I pray that you bless him and his family as he puts You first in his life. Help him to live out his faith in a way that brings You glory and honor. Help him to do the next right thing!
I pray for any person who may read this blog. Help them to please You with the decisions that they make. I pray that You bless them as they put You first.
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 7,8; Acts 1



No comments: