Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Then They Began To Argue Among Themselves About Who Would Be The Greatest Among Them.


Then They Began To Argue
Among Themselves About Who
Would Be The Greatest Among Them.
Scripture
Luke 22
24 Then they began to argue among themselves about who would be the greatest among them.
Observation

Jesus is hours away from being nailed to a cross. He is talking about His death with His disciples at the Last Supper and yet they are arguing still about who is the greatest among them. This same sort of conversation has come up several times during their time with Jesus and it is interesting that they just can't seem to let it go.

But let's not be too hard on them. You and I also get distracted with petty things just like the disciples did.

Keeping the main thing the main thing is a daily battle! Every single day we must choose to put God and His kingdom first and not to give in to temptation.

Let's not let the things of this world pull us away from a close relationship with Jesus!

You and I can accomplish a lot for the Lord if we don't mind who gets the credit!
Matthew 18
1 About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”
2 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. 3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Mark 9:33-35
33 After they arrived at Capernaum and settled in a house, Jesus asked his disciples, “What were you discussing out on the road?” 

34 But they didn’t answer, because they had been arguing about which of them was the greatest. 

35 He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, “Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”

Application
I will serve the Lord with all my heart, all of my soul, and all of my mind and I will love my neighbor as much as I love myself.
How about you? Are you worrying about who gets the credit?
Matthew 22:37-39
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me compare myself with those around me. Don't let me be envious or be jealous of someone else. Thank You for all the leaders of our church. Help them to be successful. Guide and direct them. Protect them from the evil one. Help them to stay away from stupid sins that would hurt their walk with You. You are the mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 1,2; Psalms 133,134; Luke 22



No comments: