Sunday, October 13, 2019

Peter's Words Pierced Their Hearts, And They Said To Him And To The Other Apostles, “Brothers, What Should We Do?”


Peter's Words Pierced Their Hearts,
And They Said To Him And To The Other Apostles,
Brothers, What Should We Do?”
Scripture
Acts 2
36 “So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!”
37 Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
39 This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away —all who have been called by the Lord our God.” 
40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”
41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all.
Observation
I have seen pierced ears, pierced noses, pierced lips, and you may even have other parts of your body pierced, but the most important place to get a piercing ... is your heart!
When Peter preached at Pentecost over 3,000 people had their hearts pierced and they became followers of Jesus.
You and I can't become followers of Jesus Christ unless our hearts have been pierced by the Word of God.
Application
I can remember when God pierced my heart and changed my life. I was nineteen years old. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me!
How about you? Has there been a time in your life when the Word of God pierced your heart? If so, when?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me eternal life. Thank You for adopting me as one of your children. I don't deserve to be chosen, but I am so glad that I am. Thank You for piercing my hard heart with the truth of Your Word. Jesus Christ, You are my Lord and my Savior. I am redeemed and I am forgiven!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 9,10; Acts 2



No comments: