Thursday, October 31, 2019

It Is What Comes From The Inside That Defiles You.


It
Is What Comes
From The Inside That Defiles You.
Scripture
Mark 7
20 And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. 
21 For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, 
22 adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. 
23 All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.”
Observation
Hasn't Halloween now become a huge moneymaker for businesses in America. I read somewhere that people will spend 2.6 billion dollars on Halloween this year, an average of $25 per adult.
And tonight Kathy and I look forward to all the kids (especially our grandkids) coming to our door wearing their spooky masks and Halloween costumes thinking that they are going to scare us!
Yes, our kids and our grandkids will wear masks tonight on Halloween. But hey, all of us adults wear masks too, the difference is that we adults wear them every day.
On the outside we appear one way, but inside of each one of us lurks everything evil that is described in Mark 7:20-23.
I memorized this verse a long time ago as a reminder to me about what is lurking inside of me. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9
Application
I realize that I am a sinner. I know that I am broken. I know that I am capable of every evil thing that Jesus describes in Mark 7.
Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. 
2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you keep my children and my grandchildren safe tonight as they go out trick o' treating. I pray that You keep them well. Continue to heal our daughter Debby.
I pray that You will help me to be a person of integrity. Help me to walk in purity. Keep me away from stupid sins. Sins that mess up my walk with You and that will mess up my relationship with those around me. I know that my heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. So help me to guard my heart.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 22; Mark 7,8



No comments: