Saturday, October 24, 2020

But My Life Is Worth Nothing To Me Unless I Use It For Finishing The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus -

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

But My Life Is Worth Nothing To Me

Unless I Use It For Finishing

The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus -

Scripture

Acts 20

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Observation

What is your life worth? What is my life worth? Let's not look at our bank accounts or our investments or our business (if we happen to be in business for our self), or our position in a company, to measure our worth.

No, my life and your life are worth nothing unless we finish the work assigned to us by the Lord Jesus?

Here are two quotes from R.G. LeTourneau, a very successful business man who gave 90% of what he made back to the Lord and lived on 10%. He understood and lived out Acts 20:24.

I believe faith in the old fashioned gospel of Christ makes better mechanics, better accountants, better salesmen, and better executives.”

When you go into partnership with God, you’ve got a Partner closer and more active than any human partner you can ever get. He participates fully in everything you let Him do, and when you start putting on airs, and thinking you’re doing it with your own head of steam, He can set you down quicker and harder than a thunderbolt. There’s nothing dull about being in partnership with God.”

Application

My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus.

How about you? What is your life worth?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am challenged as I read about the life of the Apostle Paul. Help me to keep my focus on what You have called me to do. Don't let me miss a chance to tell someone about Jesus. Don't let me think for a minute that anything is more important than that. I am also challenged when I read or hear about other godly men who are totally committed to serving You. Thank You for bringing godly men and women into my life to keep me on track.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 15; Acts 19,20

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: