Thursday, October 08, 2020

Then A Poor Widow Came By And Dropped In Two Small Coins

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Then A Poor Widow

Came By

And Dropped In Two Small Coins.

Scripture

Luke 21

1 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. 

2 Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.

3 “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. 

4 For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”

Observation

Jesus was sitting there at the Temple watching people give their offerings and He watched a poor widow put in everything that she had. She only dropped in two small coins … but it was everything that she owned. And we are still talking today about the sacrifice that she made several thousand years later.

So as I think about this story the main lesson from this story for me is this: My Heavenly Father is not as concerned about the amount or the size of my offering or the gift that I place in the offering plate as much as He is with how much I hold back for myself.

Application

When I am generous, when I practice sacrifice giving, that is when I am most like my Heavenly Father.

How about you? Stingy or Generous?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me look for opportunities to help people that You place in my path. Your love for me was and is extravagant. You left Heaven and came to this earth to suffer and die so that I might live. I didn't deserve it and I still don't deserve it, but You loved me so much that You gave Your one and only Son to give me eternal life. Thank You for being so generous with me.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 9,10; Psalms 131; Luke 21

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: