Friday, October 16, 2020

I Will Pour Out A Blessing So Great You Won't Have Enough Room To Take It In! Try It! Put Me To The Test!

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Will Pour Out A Blessing So Great

You Won't Have Enough Room To Take It In!

Try It! Put Me To The Test!

Scripture

Malachi 3

8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me!

But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’

You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 

You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 

Observation

I have actually heard people after a pastor preaches a message about giving make some of the worst comments. Comments like, “All that pastor cares about is my money!”, or “He is always preaching about money!”

And I think that it is because of negative comments like that or some that are even more vicious than that have some pastors where they hardly ever speak on the topic.

The prophet Malachi was not popular in his day either, but his message on giving, if you and I will just put it into practice, will dramatically change our lives for the better!

No other place in the Bible does God say, “Try it! Put me to the test!” What God is saying to me and what He is saying to you is this, “Trust me!”

The principle of giving, of our trusting God by giving Him back a portion of what He has generously given us with the promise that He will abundantly bless us is also repeated in Luke 6:38!

You and I cannot outgive God!

If you and I are not generously giving tithes and offerings, and if we are not generous with the people around us, then we are only hurting ourselves.

Luke 6:38

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

Application

I will look for opportunities to be generous. I will gladly look for ways to put God to the test!

How about you?

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 

7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be generous. Don't let me be stingy. Don't let me hold on too tightly to what I have. When I hear a message on giving, or a challenge by one of our pastors to give help me to have the right attitude about what I am hearing. Give pastors the boldness to preach on the importance of giving whether his people receive it or not.

I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to be generous. Bless them because of their obedience.

Daily Bible Reading: Malachi 3,4; Psalms 148; Acts 5






> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: