Wednesday, October 07, 2020

The LORD Directs The Steps Of The Godly. He Delights In Every Detail Of Their Lives

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

The LORD

Directs The Steps Of The Godly.

He Delights In Every Detail Of Their Lives.

Scripture

Psalm 37

23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.

Observation

Since God directs the steps of the godly and delights in every detail of their lives I think it would be super important to know who would be considered godly by our Heavenly Father.

First, it would not be someone who is perfect because that would rule all of us out. Second, it would not be someone who is not a sinner because that would also rule all of us out.

So who would it be?

Here is my definition of someone who is godly and maybe you could come up with something better.

A godly person is someone who recognizes that there is a Creator God who loves him or loves her. A God who loved us so much that He left Heaven and came down to this earth as Jesus Christ. Jesus, who lived a perfect life then suffered and died a horrible death on a cross, to pay the penalty for our sins. A godly person is a person who places their faith and their trust in what Jesus did for them on the cross. Yes, they have repented of their sins and they have allowed Jesus to be their Lord and their Savior.

And after trusting in Christ and becoming a child of God, a person who is considered godly by God, in my opinion, is one who strives to put God and God's Kingdom first in his or her life on a daily basis.

As we live lives of obedience, as we make God smile, we can claim Psalm 37:23!

Application

It is my plan to live my life in a way that causes my God to delight in me!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me stay away from sin today. Don't let me yield to the temptation to sin. I want You to be able to delight in me. I want You to direct my steps today. Guide me in the right direction. Show me how to use my time wisely. Help me to live in a way that causes You to smile and causes You to delight in me.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to do the same.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 7,8; Luke 20; I added: Psalm 7, Psalm 37; Proverbs 7

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: