Friday, October 02, 2020

In The Same Way, There Is More Joy In Heaven Over One Lost Sinner Who Repents And Turns To God

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

In The Same Way,

There Is More Joy In Heaven

Over One Lost Sinner Who Repents And Turns To God …

Scripture

Luke 15

7 In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!

Observation

Heaven, we don't know that much about the place actually, but this we know for sure – we know that every time someone repents and surrenders his or her life to Jesus Christ it is a cause for celebration in Heaven.

So the obvious question is this, have you given those who are already in Heaven something to celebrate and rejoice about?

I am so glad that someone told me about Jesus and at the age of nineteen I said yes to Jesus. I know it caused my Granny to celebrate from her mansion in Heaven when she saw me repent and turn to Jesus!

I talked to a young man at the hospital this week who was so angry at God because his godly grandmother suffered so much right before she died.

He said as we talked, “Maybe right before I die I will trust in God so I can go to Heaven.” I smiled and said, “You don't know if you will have that chance right before you die.”

The young man needs to repent now while he has the chance, while he has the opportunity to cause joy in Heaven.

Yes, I believe that Heaven is watching! Let's bring them joy!

Hebrews 12:1-2

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.  Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Application

I will always point people to Jesus because it is the most important decision that they will ever make.

How about you? Have you caused a celebration in Heaven?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for providing us a way for us to have eternal life. I am so thankful that I don't have to be good enough to get into Heaven. I just need to have Jesus as my Lord and my Savior. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of understanding why Jesus came to earth. Thank You for bringing godly people like my Granny into my life so I could have the opportunity to repent of my sins and cause joy to erupt in Heaven!

I pray for that young man. I pray for his salvation.

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 13,14; Psalms 147; Luke 15

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: