Wednesday, October 28, 2020

My Breath Is Offensive To My Wife; I Am Loathsome To My Own Family.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

My Breath Is Offensive

To My Wife;

I Am Loathsome To My Own Family.

Scripture

Job 19

17 My breath is offensive to my wife;
    I am loathsome to my own family.

18 Even the little boys scorn me;
    when I appear, they ridicule me.

19 All my intimate friends detest me;
    those I love have turned against me.

20 I am nothing but skin and bones;
    I have escaped only by the skin of my teeth.

...

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet in my flesh I will see God;

27 I myself will see him
    with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!

Observation

Job has lost everything! His children have all been killed. He has lost all of his worldly possessions. He is sitting in ashes, covered in boils that are infected with maggots, surrounded by so called friends who are trying to convince him that everything that has happened to him was his fault. His wife and his extended family and closest friends can't stand to be around him, and kids are making fun of him.

In spite of all of this Job makes this declaration of his faith,

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!”

Application

God will take care of me. No matter what I face, no matter how bad things ever get, I know that God will be right there with me to get me through it.

How about you? Are you trusting God with everything that is going on in your life?

Isaiah 43:2-3a

2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the faith of Job. Help me to be able to face things like he did. I am encouraged when I read about Job and other Bible characters because I know that the way You took care of them is also the way that You will take care of me.

I pray for any person who is reading this blog today. If they are discouraged I pray that You will encourage them. If they are sick I pray that You will heal them. Bring people into their life today to lift them up. Smile on them today!

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: