Friday, October 09, 2020

How Wonderful And Pleasant It Is When Brothers Live Together In Harmony

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

How Wonderful And Pleasant

It Is

When Brothers Live Together In Harmony!

Scripture

Psalm 133

1 How wonderful and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in harmony!

Observation

Our country is deeply divided and this divide, this division seems to be growing deeper every day. Vicious attacks, hate groups, riots, looting, shootings, lawlessness, anarchy, this is what fills our daily news!

Men verbally and physically beating up on women and women showing no respect for the man in the home. God does not have the number one place in their relationship.

What I have described in the above two paragraphs is just part of the big picture of what is happening in America today. Our country and the people who make it up are being ripped apart by evil.

So I heartily agree with King David when he writes, “How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!

Let's pray for our country. Let's pray for harmony! Let's pray for peace! And … Let's pray for our families!

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

John 16:33

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

John 10:10

10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

John 14:27

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Application

I will pray for our leaders. I will pray for husbands and wives who can't seem to get along with each other. I will pray for harmony.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our President and for the leaders of our country. I pray and I ask You to work in their hearts. Guide them. Change the direction of our country. I pray for harmony.

I pray for husbands. Help them to be godly examples, help them to be godly men. Help the husband who I am thinking about, help him to love his wife so the wife can show him respect. Help them both put You first in their lives. I pray for the children who suffer just because their parents refuse to put You first. I pray for harmony.

Ephesians 5:21-33

21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 

23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. 

24 As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.

25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 

26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.

27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. 

28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. 

29 No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. 

30 And we are members of his body.

31 As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.”

32 This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. 

33 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 1,2; Psalms 133,134; Luke 22

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: