Friday, October 23, 2020

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak, But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

My Health May Fail,

And My Spirit May Grow Weak,

But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;

Scripture

Psalm 73

26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.

Observation

Old age is not for wimps!

I am sure glad that God is walking with me through this stage of my life. I can't imagine how terrible it must be for those who do not have God in their life to give them strength.

Isaiah 46:4

I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

Psalm 71:5-9

5 O Lord, you alone are my hope.

    I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood.


6 Yes, you have been with me from birth;
    from my mother’s womb you have cared for me.
    No wonder I am always praising you!

7 My life is an example to many,
    because you have been my strength and protection.

8 That is why I can never stop praising you;
    I declare your glory all day long.

9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside.
    Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.

Psalm 23:1

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

Application

I am thankful today that I have breath and I am able to wake up and read God's Word and pray!

How about you? Are you thankful? … How did you start your day?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me another day. Each day is a gift from You. I realize with every new ache and pain that this body of mine is wearing out. I am so glad that You are my strength. My life is in the Palm of Your hand. Nothing touches my life without Your permission. Help me to stay focused on what is most important each and every day. Help me to live each and every day in a way that brings You glory and honor.

I pray that same thing for any person who might take a minute to read this blog. Help them to make You smile today by the way they live his or her life.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 13,14; Acts 17,18; I added: Psalm 23, Psalm 73; Proverbs 23

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: