Saturday, October 17, 2020

Love Prospers When A Fault Is Forgiven, But Dwelling On It Separates Close Friends.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Love Prospers

When A Fault Is Forgiven,

But Dwelling On It Separates Close Friends.

Scripture

Proverbs 17

9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven,
    but dwelling on it separates close friends.


Observation

Put on your big boy pants or put on your big girl panties and get over it if you have been hurt or wronged by someone. It is going to happen. Get over it. Don't keep going on and on and on about it. Get over it and make up.

A friendship, yes, a healthy relationship is more important than you or me being right.

What the person who wronged us needs from us is not “grief” but “grace”! They need our forgiveness!

Grace is when you and I give the gift of forgiveness to someone even though they don't deserve it. It is what God did and it is what God still constantly does for us. “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8)

I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Let's not let 'anything' mess up our relationship with a friend or with a family member.

Application

I will take the initiative to get things right when there is a problem between me and someone else.

How about you?

Matthew 18

21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?”

22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to think of others as more important than myself. Don't let me hold a grudge. Give me big shoulders so I can handle criticism when it comes my way. Help me to forgive quickly when I am wronged. Help me to be generous with grace just like You are with me.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 1,2; Acts 6,7; I added: Psalm 17, Psalm 37; Proverbs 17

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: