Tuesday, October 13, 2020

But Everyone Who Calls On The Name Of The LORD Will Be Saved

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

But

Everyone Who Calls On The Name Of The LORD

Will Be Saved.

Scripture

Acts 2

21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
    will be saved.

Joel 2

12 That is why the Lord says,
    “Turn to me now, while there is time.
Give me your hearts.
    Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.

13 Don’t tear your clothing in your grief,
    but tear your hearts instead.”
Return to the Lord your God,
    for he is merciful and compassionate,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
    He is eager to relent and not punish.

32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
    will be saved,

Observation

When I introduced myself as a chaplain to a patient last night he quickly said, “You can talk to me but I want you to know that I don't believe that there is a God!” So for about 40 minutes we enjoyed talking about the God that he said that he didn't believe in.

I don't know if anything I said touched his heart, but I am praying for him this morning. I did tell him the wonderful story of Kathy's Dad, Clayton Bearden who at the age of 67, gave his heart and life to Jesus and was radically changed forever!

Maybe this man was in the hospital to be challenged about his belief or lack of belief in Jesus! He was the one that opened up the door to talk about the Savior – so we did!

How about you? Have you repented, have you turned from your sins, and have you called on the name of the LORD?

John 3:16

16 For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24

24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Romans 10:9-10,13

9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Application

I will always look for opportunities to share about Jesus!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You open up this man's heart so that he can understand how much that You love him. Where he got his ideas about You and what You are like must have come from a hurtful experience in the past, but I pray that You open up his eyes so that he may see the truth. I pray for his salvation.

And I pray for the salvation of any person who may be reading this blog. Open up their eyes, Lord! Help them to understand how much You love them. I don't want them to miss out on Heaven because of his or her unbelief.

Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 9,10; Acts 2

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: