Monday, October 12, 2020

For You Are My Hiding Place; You Protect Me From Trouble. You Surround Me With Songs Of Victory

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

For You Are My Hiding Place;

You Protect Me From Trouble.

You Surround Me With Songs Of Victory.

Scripture

Psalm 32

7 For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.
    You surround me with songs of victory.

Psalm 42

As the deer longs for streams of water,
    so I long for you, O God.

11 Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and my God!

Proverbs 12:18

18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.

Observation

God's Word is so good! There are so many things that I could share this morning. You can't go wrong by spending time in Psalms and Proverbs. All of us get discouraged from time to time and the book of Psalms is the best place to go when I need some encouragement. Psalms 32 and 42 can sure help when I feeling down.

Proverbs 12:18 is a reminder to me that I need to watch how I talk.

I need to talk to Kathy in a way that builds her up and not rips her up and tears her down. I get really angry when I hear that some guy is verbally abusive to his wife. And yes I know that it is sad but also true that wives can be verbally abusive to their man.

I need to build Kathy up and not tear her down.

One day I will have to answer to the Lord about how I treated my wife and I want it to be a good report!

Application

I will hold on to all of God's promises as I start this new week!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. Don't let me be discouraged? Don't let my heart be sad! I will put my hope in You! I will praise You again – You are my Savior and my God! May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

I pray for any person who may happen to read this blog today. Encourage them as they spend time in Your Word. Show them that they can totally trust in You.

Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 7,8; Acts 1; I added: Psalm 32, Psalm 42; Proverbs 12

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: