Sunday, October 11, 2020

And Now I Will Send The Holy Spirit, Just As My Father Promised

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And Now

I Will Send The Holy Spirit,

Just As My Father Promised.

Scripture

Luke 24

49 And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”

Observation


I wrote the other day about our country being in turmoil. We are dealing with a world wide pandemic and right in the middle of dealing with that our country has erupted with social unrest and evil seems to be running rampant throughout our entire land.

As a Christian, as a follower of Christ, what should my response be to all of this chaos and evil? Maybe you are asking yourself the same question!

First, we don't just stick our heads into the sand … we need to stay up on current events (which is not easy to do today with the bias of the news media). We need to vote. Yes, we need to participate in the election of our public officials and yes, we definitely need to look at what platform they represent.

Second and most important, we need to realize that the weapons of our warfare are not like the world's! 

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 ... “3 We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. 4  We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”

The third thing that as believers we need to realize is that the very Power of God, His Holy Spirit lives in us. God's Holy Spirit guides us, helps us, teaches us, and empowers us. We are powerful people when we allow the Holy Spirit to control us. Unbelievers just don't have the capacity to understand this!

Romans 8:26

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.

Romans 15:13

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19

Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

Galatians 5:16

So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Application

I will vote. I will ask God for spiritual discernment to know who to vote for. When I pray I realize that God's Holy Spirit helps me even at those times when I don't know what to pray.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for peace. I pray for godly leaders who will turn our country around in Your direction. I pray for understanding to know exactly what to do and what not to do. Guide me by Your Holy Spirit. Use Your Word to light the path for me to follow.

I pray for any person reading this blog. I pray for his or her salvation. I pray that they will be guided by You and Your Word. I pray that they will do the next right thing.

Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 5,6; Psalms 146; Luke 24

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: