Tuesday, October 20, 2020

My Body Is Covered With Maggots And Scabs. My Skin Breaks Open, Oozing With Pus.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

My Body Is Covered

With Maggots And Scabs.

My Skin Breaks Open, Oozing With Pus.

Scripture

Job 6

2 “If my misery could be weighed
    and my troubles be put on the scales,

3 they would outweigh all the sands of the sea.

Job 7

5 My body is covered with maggots and scabs.
    My skin breaks open, oozing with pus.

Observation

In Job 2 we find that Satan had struck Job with boils, “So Satan left the Lord’s presence, and he struck Job with terrible boils from head to foot. Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes.”

So now in chapter 7 we find Job sitting with his so called friends and his boils have now become infected and his body is covered with maggots and scabs.

It was bad enough for Job to be covered with maggots and scabs with pus oozing out. But then to have to listen to 3 guys tell him over and over again that it must have been his fault that all of this has happened ... all of this while still grieving the loss of his children and everything that he had owned. It is hard to imagine a worst scenario!

I have to be honest and tell you that Job is one of the hardest books in the Bible for me to read, but I read it every year as I read through the Bible.

Job's faith is amazing. In spite of all the bad things that happened to Job he stayed faithful to his God.

Job 13:15

Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him …

.....

Oh, and don't “Google” maggots and read about them unless you really want to get grossed out!

Application

I want Job's faith … but without all of Job's problems.

How about you?

Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, even though I admit that it is not easy to read the book of Job, I know You have placed His story in the Bible to help me as I go through life. Thank You for Your Word. Help me to never grow tired of reading it. Continue to use it in my life to guide me.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Whatever is going on in his or her life show them that they can trust You for the strength to get through it. Just like Job did. Bless them, Lord. Encourage them today!

Daily Bible Reading: Job 6,7,8; Acts 12

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: