Sunday, October 18, 2020

In Your Strength I Can Crush An Army; With My God I Can Scale Any Wall.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

In Your Strength

I Can Crush An Army;

With My God I Can Scale Any Wall.

Scripture

Psalm 18

29 In your strength I can crush an army;
    with my God I can scale any wall.

Observation

King David had crushed armies. Yes, remember it was young David who had faced the giant Goliath with only a few smooth stones and a slingshot. It was King David that the women used to sing about, “Saul has killed his thousands, and David his ten thousands!”

But David recognized that the only reason for his success was because he believed and trusted in a God that was able to handle anything that came against him.

You and I have that same opportunity to believe in a God who is big enough to handle whatever comes against us!

So … How big is your God?

Application

In God's strength I can handle anything that comes against me.

How about you?

Philippians 4:13

Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to remember these passages the next time I find myself in a crisis. King David spent most of his life in crisis situations and he was successful because he held on to Your promises. And I have a lot more promises from You to hold on to than King David had so I have no excuse for being weak. Give me Your strength to face tough days. I want to be like King David and be able to say with confidence, “In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.”

Daily Bible Reading: Job 3,4; Acts 8,9; I added: Psalm 18, Psalm 38, Proverbs 18

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: