Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Busyness Does Not Equal Godliness

Haggai 1; Haggai 2; Psalm 129; Luke 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Busyness Does Not Equal Godliness

Scripture

Luke 10

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Observation

If we are not careful we might begin to think that just because we are very busy that we are very spiritual, but this passage helps to remind us of what is truly important. Time at the feet of our Lord and Savior is what is most important. It is the “better thing.”

Take time to be holy. Take extra time to be with the Savior. Weariness is a definite sign of busyness.

When we are occupied on doing the right things we might become tired but not weary. Do you feel your attitude changing about what you are doing? If so you might need to check in with your Lord and Savior and make sure that you are doing “the better thing”.

Application

I will seek to get my direction and my focus from Jesus today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to grow weary in well doing. Help me to have the right attitude toward the events and activities that are coming up. Help me to choose the “better thing” and guide me through the decisions and choices that I need to make. Be glorified in me and through me. Help me to please You in all that I do today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: