Friday, September 30, 2011

Repent … Best Word In The Dictionary!

Zechariah 7; Zechariah 8; Zechariah 9; Luke 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Repent … Best Word In The Dictionary!

Scripture

Luke 13

5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Observation

You see this word, “Repent” sometimes being held up on signs at football or baseball games and sometimes someone will be holding a sign with this word at a busy street corner. You may think of the word as something negative but just the opposite is true. It is the best word that you could ever come to understand. In fact, unless you understand and act on the word repentance you will spend an eternity in a place called Hell.

So it is a very positive word. It could keep you from eternal suffering and anguish!
Have you ever “repented” of your sins and turned to God? The word repent means to change direction. Most people in this world are going the wrong direction and our job as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ is to let them know that they can make a U-turn and they can turn from sin and self and turn to God.

Jesus says, that unless you repent, you too will also perish. Have you repented of your sins? Have you turned your life over to the Lord Jesus Christ? Is He your Lord and Savior? If not, why not repent right now of your sins and acknowledge Him as Lord of your life.

Application

The Good News is all wrapped up in the word “Repent” and I will continue sharing that Good News with everyone I can.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You that I have had the opportunity to repent of my sins. I have turned my life around and it is going to a godly direction. You are the most important person in my life. You are my Lord and my Savior. I am trusting in You for my salvation and no one else. Help me share this message with others. Help them to understand the Good News and trust in You too. Help them to understand this wonderful word “repent” and my they turn from their sin and self and turn to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: