Sunday, September 04, 2011

Drastic Measures

Ezekiel 22; Ezekiel 23; Ezekiel 24; Revelation 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Drastic Measures

Scripture

Ezekiel 24

27b … Then they will know that I am the Lord.

Observation

If you read Ezekiel this morning and you read chapter 24 then you know everything that the Lord is going to do to the children of Israel because of their hard hearts and the refusal to repent and turn back to God.

Ezekiel's wife was taken by the Lord as an example of how the most treasured things of Israel would also be taken from them. Ezekiel experienced a lot of sorrow not because of his sins but because of the sins of the nation that he was a part of.
You and I also may suffer because of the sins of our government leaders, God will deal with our nation and any nation that turns its back on the Lord. God's description how Israel prostituted herself was quite graphic. If you didn't read these chapters you need to check them out.

Application

I will think about my life today and make sure that nothing is taking God's place in my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don't want to be like the people of Israel. I want to be like your servant Ezekiel. It seems that he was standing all alone. I am sure that You had more prophets that were also speaking to the people but it seems like most had left You to serve other gods. Help me to stay focused on You. I don't want to be drawn away from my relationship with You. Help me to keep it close. Show me when I do things that don't please You. Keep me close to You. Help me bring You glory and honor today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: