Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jesus …King of All Kings and Lord of All Lords

Ezekiel 36; Ezekiel 37; Psalm 110; Revelation 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Jesus …King of All Kings and Lord of All Lords

Scripture

Revelation 19

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. 13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

Observation

When you think of Jesus do you think of Him as described in the Gospels or as He is described in Revelation? To be honest I tend to think of Him in the way He is pictured in the Gospels, but every time I read this passage it causes me to remember that Jesus is coming back to this earth leading Heaven’s army and He will return with a sword and He will come back to rule with an iron rod.

Jesus has won the victory. He will come back victorious! I am so glad that I am on His side and I am no longer an enemy. Are you His friend or His foe today? I would not want to be His enemy. If you are His enemy then it is time for you to surrender to Him and become His friend. If you have never surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus then you are still His enemy.

Application

I will continue to help bring people to Jesus every way that I can.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to grow weary with everything that we are doing at church. I pray that You renew my strength and my energy so that I can serve You with all my heart. I pray for Kathy that You do the same thing for her. I pray that You help her today. Please give her strength and answer her prayers. We pray for laborers for the harvest. Help people respond in a positive way when we ask to serve. You are a Mighty God. You are worthy of praise.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: