Monday, September 12, 2011

Heaven Rules!

Daniel 3; Daniel 4; Psalm 81; Revelation 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Heaven Rules!

Scripture

Daniel 4

37 “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and glorify and honor the King of heaven. All his acts are just and true, and he is able to humble the proud.”

Observation

Heaven rules...period...end of story! Nebuchadnezzar had to learn that lesson the hard way, but God was willing to patiently teach him that lesson. Nebuchadnezzar thought that he was something special because of the kingdom and wealth and power that were his but God showed him that none of that was because of him and it was all because God had given him that kingdom.

God was very patient with Nebuchadnezzar. He threw Daniel in the lion’s den. He threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the fiery furnace and God still did not give up on him.

God may not have that much patience with us. I wouldn't test Him!

Application

I want to serve the Lord with the humility of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and Daniel today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a heart like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and their friend Daniel. Give me their faith and their courage and boldness. You rule this world and I want You to rule my heart.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: