Sunday, September 25, 2011

Obedience Brings You Close To God

Ezra 2; Ezra 3; Luke 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Obedience Brings You Close To God

Scripture

Luke 8

21 Jesus replied, “My mother and my brothers are all those who hear God’s word and obey it.”

Observation

Are you hearing the Word of God and obeying it? If you are then you are as close to Jesus as His mother and His brothers were when He walked this earth.
Sometimes we may think that Jesus didn't get tired and weary like we do, but in this chapter we see where He was so tired that He took a nap. It doesn't say that any of His disciples took a nap. It seems as one reads this chapter to imply that only Jesus settled down and took a nap. He didn't wake up even when the storm was about to sink the boat. Now that is a pretty deep sleep!

And to think that you and I can be just as close to Jesus as a brother! We can be that close to the Son of God! The key is obedience. Are we obeying Him in every area of our lives?

Application

I want to be as close to Jesus as possible. I am going to ask Him to show me any area of my life that is not in obedience to Him. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be as close to Jesus as His mom and brothers were. Your word gives me strength for today. I pray that we bring You honor and glory today. I pray that You use Bruce as he preaches Your word. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit. Give him Your words and Your power. I pray that lives will be changed today. Help us with all the details of today. You are worthy to be served. You are worthy of Praise.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: