Thursday, June 07, 2012

He Led Me To A Place Of Safety; He Rescued Me Because He Delights In Me. This Psalm Should Help You Make It Through Today


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ecclesiastes 4; Ecclesiastes 5; Ecclesiastes 6; Psalm 18; Ephesians 3

 He Led Me To A Place Of Safety;

 He Rescued Me Because He Delights In Me.


This Psalm Should Help You Make It Through Today

Scripture

Psalm 18

I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.

 
The
Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.

 
He is my shield, the power that saves me,

    and my place of safety.

 
I called on the
Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.


The ropes of death entangled me;
    floods of destruction swept over me.
The grave wrapped its ropes around me;

    death laid a trap in my path.

 
But in my distress I cried out to the
Lord;
    yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;

    my cry to him reached his ears.


16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,

    from those who hated me and were too strong for me.

 
18 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,

    but the Lord supported me.

 
19 He led me to a place of safety;

    he rescued me because he delights in me.


Observation

Today I go in for pre-op at St. Joseph Hospital. Tomorrow they will do an Electrophysiology study of my heart (this test checks out the electrical system of my heart – an Eddy paraphrase!). This is an out patient procedure if everything checks out okay!

I don’t know a lot about the procedure except they will have to do a heart cath and run several electrode catheters up into my heart. The last time they did a heart cath on me was when I had my heart attack and as most of you know that procedure didn’t go very well at all! 

If my heart’s electrical system is malfunctioning then they may have to implant a defibrillator in my chest! If the test shows that I am susceptible to Sudden Cardiac Arrest then they will implant the defibrillator so it can hopefully shock my heart back into a rhythm and this would save me from “Sudden Cardiac Death”! 

So Psalm 18 comes at just the perfect time in my daily Bible reading! Maybe it is the perfect Psalm for your day too. 

I will rest in the promises found in Psalm 18 and I will be at peace today knowing that God delights in me! 


Application


I will hold on to Psalm 18 as I go through today and tomorrow!


Prayer

I love you, Lord; you are my strength. You are my rock, my fortress, and my savior; You are my rock, in whom I find protection. You are my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.  I called on You, who are worthy of praise, and You saved me from my enemies. 

The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path.  But in my distress I cried out to You; yes, I prayed to You for help.

You heard me from Your sanctuary; my cry to You reached Your ears. You
reached down from heaven and rescued me; You drew me out of deep waters. You supported me. You led me to a place of safety; You rescued me because You delight in me. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: