Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Christ Jesus Came Into This World To Save Sinners, And I Am The Worst Of Them


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 1; 2 Kings 2; 2 Kings 3; Psalm 82; 1 Timothy 1

Christ Jesus Came Into This World

To Save Sinners,

And I Am The Worst Of Them

Scripture

1 Timothy 1


15 Here is a true statement that should be accepted without question: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and I am the worst of them.
 
16 But I was given mercy so that in me Christ Jesus could show that he has patience without limit. Christ showed his patience with me, the worst of all sinners.

 He wanted me to be an example for those who would believe in him and have eternal life.

Observation

If you would admit it you would have to agree with Paul that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and you are the worst of them! Just kidding! (Sort of kidding!!!)

God saved us; at least He saved me, to show that he has patience without limit. Christ showed His patience with me, the worst of sinners. 

Christ wants you and me to be examples for those who would believe in Him and have eternal life.
In other words, if Christ Jesus can save us then He can save anybody! I think that is what God through the Apostle Paul is trying to tell us this morning! 

Here is a scripture that goes with this thought, “He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did. Titus 3:5-6
 
Application

I will take time today to thank God for the salvation I have but don’t deserve.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that since You saved me, the worst of sinners that You can save those around me too. I am an example of Your Grace and Your Mercy. I don’t deserve Your love or Your forgiveness. I don’t deserve it, but I am very grateful. Thank You for saving me. Use my life as an example of Your Grace. Help others see the love of Jesus Christ in me!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: