Friday, June 29, 2012

I Am Praying To You In My Time Of Trouble


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Amos 4; Amos 5; Amos 6; Psalm 86; Titus 1

I Am Praying To You

In My Time

Of Trouble

Scripture

Psalm 86

I am praying to you in my time of trouble.
    I know you will answer me.
My Lord, there is no God like you.
    No one can do what you have done.
My Lord, you made everyone.
    I wish they all would come worship you and honor your name.
10 You are great and do amazing things.
    You and you alone are God.
11 LORD, teach me your ways,
    and I will live and obey your truths.
Help me make worshiping your name
    the most important thing in my life.
12 My Lord God, I praise you with all my heart.
    I will honor your name forever!
13 You have such great love for me.
    You save me from the place of death.

Observation

In this morning’s Bible reading the prophet Amos told of the destruction that was going to fall on various cities and peoples because they did not call upon the Lord.

What a difference when we read Psalm 86 and see how David depended on the Lord for everything!

The Psalms are filled with prayers of King David crying out to his God for help. How often do we call on the Lord for help? God wants us to depend on Him. He does not want us to depend on ourselves, on our own strength or on our own resources. It is an easy thing to begin to do.

I love it in Psalm 86:13 when David says, “You have such great love for me. You save me from the place of death.” I live everyday knowing that God did that for me too! 

Application

I will depend on God today for the big things that come up as well as the small things! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am praying to you in my time of trouble. I know you will answer me. My Lord, there is no God like you. No one can do what you have done.  My Lord, you made everyone. I wish they all would come worship you and honor your name. You are great and do amazing things. You and you alone are God. LORD, teach me your ways, and I will live and obey your truths. Help me make worshiping your name the most important thing in my life. My Lord God, I praise you with all my heart. I will honor your name forever! You have such great love for me. You save me from the place of death. 


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: