Sunday, June 24, 2012

Devotion To God Is, In Fact, A Way For People To Be Very Rich


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 11; 2 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6

Devotion To God Is,

In Fact,

A Way For People To Be Very Rich

Scripture

1 Timothy 6

Devotion to God is, in fact, a way for people to be very rich, but only if it makes them satisfied with what they have. When we came into the world, we brought nothing. And when we die, we can take nothing out. So, if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that.

Observation

Take inventory of everything that you have and ask yourself, “Am I satisfied with what I have?” Jesus said that we should be satisfied in this life if we have food and clothes. Could you and I be satisfied in this life if that is all we had? 

We in America are very blessed with stuff. People in many other countries could not even imagine what it would be like to have what we throw away and consider no longer any good. 

Have you begun to downsize yet? Or are you still accumulating stuff? 

How is our relationship with our Heavenly Father? The only way to be truly rich is to have a close relationship with Him. God needs to be everything, the number priority of our lives, and then we will be content with what we have!

Application

I will be content with what I have and I will look for stuff that I am holding on that needs to be given away.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, keep me close to You. You are all I need. You have provided Kathy and me more than what we need. You have been very good to us. Help us to be content and not want things that others have or things that we see in the store, on television, or in magazines. Show us who we need to help and show us exactly how to help them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: