Saturday, June 23, 2012

Treat Every Person The Same


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22; 2 Chronicles 23; 1 Timothy 5

Treat

Every Person

The Same

Scripture

1 Timothy 5

21 Before God and Jesus Christ and the chosen angels, I tell you to make these judgments without any prejudice. Treat every person the same.

Observation

Are you prejudiced?

I bet you are! You probably don’t treat everyone the same. How can I say something like that about you? Because I know how I am and I just figured that maybe you were like me.

The reason why the Apostle Paul had to tell Timothy to treat every person the same is because we all have the tendency to treat people differently. I watch people do it all the time and I catch myself doing it.

You may be prejudiced with people of a different skin color, or maybe people that speak a different language. Maybe you prejudiced shows when you encounter someone that needs a bath, or that has had too much to drink, or that is high or under the influence of drugs. Maybe we treat people differently because they don’t have the mental capacity or physical capacity that we have - people with special needs.

If as you were reading the above three paragraphs thought to yourself, “boy I am glad that he is not talking about me”, let me clue you in, I am talking about you! All of us need work in this area! Don’t kid yourself if you think you are without prejudice!

Who do you tend to avoid on Sunday when you go to church? Who do you try to avoid in your work place? How about spending some time with them this Sunday or a take a few minutes for them during the workweek. Let them know that you care about them. Who do people tend to shy away from? How about doing something nice for them?

Application


I will take extra time to talk to a person this Sunday who tends to be avoided by most people.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me see everyone like You see them. Give me Your heart for the people around me. Don’t let me look down on others or treat people as inferior to me. Help me to treat everyone the same! Give me a servant’s heart and a love for those others tend to put down. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: