Thursday, June 28, 2012

When Troubles Come Accept Them!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Amos 1; Amos 2; Amos 3; Psalm 80; 2 Timothy 4 

When Troubles 

Come 

Accept Them!

Scripture

 2 Timothy 4

When troubles come, accept them. Do the work of telling the Good News. Do all the duties of a servant of God.

My life is being given as an offering for God. The time has come for me to leave this life here. I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have served the Lord faithfully. Now, a prize is waiting for me—the crown that will show I am right with God. The Lord, the judge who judges rightly, will give it to me on that Day. Yes, he will give it to me and to everyone else who is eagerly looking forward to his coming.

Observation

I love this passage! How about you? Paul tells Timothy, “When troubles come, accept them.” Wow! How are we doing when it comes to accepting our troubles? Are we whining? Are we complaining? Are we belly aching?

What are you going through right now? What do you have on your plate? The Apostle Paul says, “Got troubles – accept them!”

I am reading a book that Kathy plans to read while we are at the beach next week. I downloaded it to her Kindle and then I put it on mine.

I have only begun to read the book. It is about a nineteen-year-old girl named Katie and how God called her to serve in Uganda. She went by herself at age nineteen to serve in Uganda! I can’t wait to read more of the book tonight. 

Now the title of the book I have to warn you does not grab a man and give him the desire to read the book, but just ignore the title and read the book. The book is called, “Kisses From Katie”. I warned you about the title. Just over look the title and read the book! Our friend Debi White recommended the book to Kathy, and I am very glad that she did.

Your troubles will seem so small when you begin to read about this girl’s ministry in Uganda. Unbelievable!!!

Your troubles are real and so are mine. But we need to accept them!

Jesus said,

    “I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." John 16:33

Application

I will thank the Lord for the small difficulties that Kathy and I experience. I will accept them. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are so good to us. Thank You for Smiling on us. Jesus has conquered this world. Thank You for the peace that comes from knowing that You are in control. I pray for people today that are experiencing trouble. May You do a Mighty work in their lives.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: