Monday, June 11, 2012

This Is My Prayer For You It Is A Three Part Prayer Found In Philippians 1


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Song of Solomon 5; Song of Solomon 6; Song of Solomon 7; Song of Solomon 8; Philippians 1 

This Is My Prayer For You

It Is A Three Part Prayer

Found In Philippians 1

Scripture

Philippians 1 

This is my prayer for you:

that your love will grow more and more; that you will have knowledge and understanding with your love; 10 that you will see the difference between what is important and what is not and choose what is important; that you will be pure and blameless for the coming of Christ; 11 that your life will be full of the many good works that are produced by Jesus Christ to bring glory and praise to God.

Observation

Paul ended the book of Ephesians talking about how important prayer is for us and he begins his letter to the church of Philippi praying for the Philippians. It is a three-part prayer and it is my prayer for you today. 

1.      I pray that your love will grow more and more and that with it you will have knowledge and understanding.
2.      I pray that you will see the difference between what is important and what is not and choose what is important.
3.      I pray that your life will be full of many good works that are produced by Jesus Christ to bring glory and praise to God.  

Application

I will pray this prayer for each one of you that God brings to my mind today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that my brothers and sisters in Christ love would grow more and more and that you would have both understanding and knowledge. I pray that my friends would be able to discern what is important and what is not and I pray that they would choose to do what is important. I pray that their lives will be full of many good works produced by Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: