Monday, June 25, 2012

For God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear and Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joel 1; Joel 2; Joel 3; 2 Timothy 1 

For God Has Not Given Us 

A Spirit Of Fear and Timidity,

But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline

Scripture

2 Timothy 1 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Observation

I have to remind myself just like Paul had to remind his disciple Timothy that God has not given us a spirit of fear. Fear is a lack of faith and a lack of trust in the One who has saved us. God has given me His Holy Spirit. His Holy Spirit is a Spirit of power, love, and self-control!

Timothy tended to be timid evidently and Paul was reminding him to rely on God’s Spirit and not on his own strength. When we feel weak and powerless and intimidated then we to need to remember who we are – we are children of God. 

On my own I can do very little, but with Christ … nothing is impossible! I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. 

This a great verse to think about on a Monday. 

When you contemplate your week and what lies ahead do it with this verse as a reminder that God has supplied you all the power and self-control needed to “getter done”! 

Application

I will rely on God’s power and strength as I go through this week.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to rely on Your Power and not my own. You have not given me the spirit of fear. You have given me Your spirit, which is power, love, and self-control. Help me to depend on You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: