Friday, June 08, 2012

Here Is The Real Reason To Live A Godly Life - So You Don’t Make The Holy Spirit Sad


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ecclesiastes 7; Ecclesiastes 8; Ecclesiastes 9; Ephesians 4

Here Is The Real Reason

To Live A Godly Life -

So You Don’t Make The Holy Spirit Sad

Scripture

Ephesians 4

29 When you talk, don’t say anything bad. But say the good things that people need—whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you.
 
30 And don’t make the Holy Spirit sad. 

God gave you his Spirit as proof that you belong to him and that he will keep you safe until the day he makes you free. 31 Never be bitter, angry, or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil.
 
32 Be kind and loving to each other. Forgive each other the same as God forgave you through Christ.

Observation

When I am praying for people many times I pray that they would live their lives in such a way that it would make God smile on them. I pray that God’s face would shine on them because of the godly lives that they are living.

You and I can live in a way that brings a smile to God’s face or we can choose to live a life that causes Him to frown.

Trust me … it is going to turn out better for both of us if we cause God to be happy rather than sad.

Think about that for a minute … you and I have the potential for making our Heavenly Father sad. The God who created the Universe, the God who hung the sun, moon, and the stars can become happy or sad over your behavior and mine.

I believe that the Apostle Paul totally understood this and lived a life that brought a Smile to God’s face.

When you or I try to justify our behavior by saying something like, “Well the Bible doesn’t say that I want to do is wrong” then we miss the whole point, we have the wrong perspective. What we should be asking is this, “Will what I am doing or will what I am getting ready to do bring a “Smile” to my Heavenly Father’s face or will it make Him Sad?”

Application

I will try to live my life today in a way that will make God “Smile”. How about you?               


Prayer

Heavenly Father, how we treat other people definitely is a reflection of our relationship with You. Help me to be kind and tenderhearted with people today. Help me to say things to people that will encourage them and build them up. Help me to be a blessing to those around me. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: