Monday, June 04, 2012

It Is The Message About Jesus Christ That I tell people


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 28; Proverbs 29; Psalm 60; Romans 16


It Is The Message 

About Jesus Christ 

That I tell people

Scripture

Romans 16

 

25 Praise God! He is the one who can make you strong in faith. He can use the Good News that I teach to make you strong. It is the message about Jesus Christ that I tell people. That message is the secret truth that was hidden for ages and ages but has been made known. 26 It has now been shown to us. It was made known by what the prophets wrote, as God commanded. And it has now been made known to all people so that they can believe and obey God, who lives forever. 27 Glory forever to the only wise God through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Observation

This week as I listened to the news on television all I heard was terrible news - from a plane crash in Nigeria, to a man putting a baby in the trunk of a car and causing it’s death. We live in a world that is completely saturated with bad news. We live in a world where evil flourishes. 

You and I can share with the world “Good News”, the Good News of Jesus Christ! This message is the secret truth that was hidden for ages and ages but has now been made known. And you and I have the opportunity to share this news with everyone that comes across our paths!

What is the Good News? 

An abbreviated version of the Good News can be found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 

“Now let me remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before …   I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me—that Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said.”

I love Romans 5:8 “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” 

Application

I will continue to share this Good News every chance I get. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for a man named Tivo who flatly rejected the Good News of Jesus Christ today at Mission Tampa. I pray that You change his heart. Do whatever it takes in his life that will cause him to repent and turn to You. Our small group talked about Luke 15 where it says that the Angels in Heaven rejoice when one sinner repents. I pray that many people will turn to you and be saved. I pray for opportunities to share my faith. Bring people into my life that need to hear the Good News. Help me be a good witness for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: