Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Of All I Ask That You Pray For All People Ask God To Bless Them


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 4; 2 Kings 5; Psalm 83; 1 Timothy 2

First Of All

I Ask That You Pray For All People

Ask God To Bless Them

Scripture

1 Timothy 2

First of all, I ask that you pray for all people. Ask God to bless them and give them what they need. And give thanks. 

You should pray for rulers and for all who have authority. Pray for these leaders so that we can live quiet and peaceful lives—lives full of devotion to God and respect for him. This is good and pleases God our Savior.

God wants everyone to be saved and to fully understand the truth. There is only one God, and there is only one way that people can reach God. That way is through Christ Jesus, who as a man gave himself to pay for everyone to be free. 

Observation

There is only one God, and there is only one way that people can reach God. That way is through Christ Jesus, who as a man gave himself to pay for everyone to be free!

So I ask that you pray for all people! Ask God to bless them and give them what they need.

First of all, they need a personal relationship with Jesus! They need to understand that unless they have Jesus as their Lord and Savior then they can’t reach God.

I realized this morning as I read this passage in 1 Timothy 2 that not everyone who reads my blog knows that Jesus is the only way to God. I am praying for you right now if you fall into that category. I pray that you would understand that Jesus paid with His very life the penalty for your sin.

When you and I pray for people, including those that God has placed in authority over us, (yes – that even includes our President!) we are doing something good and it pleases God our Savior.

Application

I will pray for those that lead us. I will pray for those that need Jesus. I will pray today for those that are sick.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our President today. I pray that You give him wisdom to lead. I pray for the leaders that surround him that you would direct them. I pray for those that might be reading this blog but don’t yet understand that Jesus is the only way to reach You. I pray that they would surrender their lives to you today. I pray for those in our church that are sick and that are in the hospital (Mac and Lois) and I pray for my cousin Ted who I heard was very sick. Touch them with Your Mighty Healing Power. You are the Great Healer! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: