Sunday, June 03, 2012

Friends … Do You Have Some Close Friends?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 25; Proverbs 26; Proverbs 27; Romans 15

Friends …

Do You Have Some Close

Friends?

Scripture

Proverbs 27

17 As one piece of iron sharpens another, so friends keep each other sharp.

Observation

I have been told that men tend not to have many close friends. How many close friends do you have? Why or Why not? 

I tell young couples at church that they need to work hard at making friends at church. Those friendships can last for years and they are going to need those friends in the future. Kathy and I made friends at Spencer Memorial Baptist Church (now Christ Fellowship) over 40 years ago and those friends that we made back then are still our close friends today. 

I meet with a group of pastors every Wednesday at lunch for prayer and fellowship. We have been meeting now for probably eight years every Wednesday. Over these years we have developed a love for each other and a strong friendship. During the time of our friendship we have had to help each other through some very difficult issues. Those pastors were at the hospital praying for me after I had my heart attack. They check on me all the time. 

I meet with another group of guys from our church on Thursday mornings. Since my heart attack I have not been attending their Bible study on Thursdays very often because I take a sleeping pill at night and have had a hard time now getting up early enough to make the study. They decided to come over a few Saturdays ago and they brought breakfast and their small group to my house. 

God has blessed Kathy and I with wonderful friends. Friendships take a lot of work, but it is worth it. How are you doing at making strong, close friendships at the church where you attend?  

Some friends are fun to be with, but a true friend can be better than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 (Easy To Read Version)

Application

I will continue to value my friendships and I will let my friends know how much they mean to me. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for our friends. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of being considered Your friend. Help me continue being a good friend to those that You bring into my life. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: