Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Amaziah Did What The Lord Wanted Him To Do, But Not With All His Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 13; 2 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3

Amaziah Did What The Lord

Wanted Him To Do,

But Not With All His Heart

Scripture

2 Chronicles 25

Amaziah did what the LORD wanted him to do, but not with all his heart.

Observation

When you and I die and people talk about us will they make comments similar to what was said about Amaziah, “We did what the Lord wanted us to do, but not with all of our hearts”?

When I die I want people to be able to say about me that I served the Lord with all my heart. And for sure I want God to say this about me! How sad it will be for us if that at the end of our lives the Lord’s commentary about us is that we half-heartedly followed Him.

It is something to think about!   

Since I am finishing this blog one day late (today is June 28th) today’s Bible reading really speaks to this issue when Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:7-8 “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have served the Lord faithfully. Now, a prize is waiting for me—the crown that will show I am right with God.”

Application

I will serve the Lord with all my heart! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will serve You with all my heart!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: